Tuesday 7 January 2014

Time, Art Thou My Friend or Foe?

My last post, to my horror, was in October last year... and it feels like yesterday!!
What have I accomplished since, you may ask, and I will answer.
Now that we are living several months into the future you'd think I surely must have done something, but no. Nothing. Nothing even remotely significant at least, which in a way is quite depressive.

Time flies. It really does, and I don't like it one bit.

When is my 5 minutes of fame ever going to come??
Well, at the pace I'm living my life at the moment, the answer is most likely never. Again, very depressive. Then again, this is probably true for most people, me included.
But hey, it doesn't stop me dreaming of possibilities far beyond my reach. It's living with those delusions in mind I survive my boringly routine day-to-day life - especially now, after the school start.

Time, my dear friend, why can't you slow down just for my sake? Just freeze for a month or two, or perhaps four. If you did I'd be forever grateful (or at least for a while), I promise!

How I wouldn't like to finish all the games I'm currently playing, not to mention all the books I'm reading. I'm not even sure how many I am in the middle of reading at the moment... probably too many though. I'd also want to practice drawing, so I could get better and be able to draw awesome pictures. And, I also need more time to finish writing down the millions and millions of story-ideas that pop up in my head at a relatively regular pace, not to mention my older stories that are still in need of some touching up... If I only had more time I'd also spend hours playing and cuddling with my cats, even more than I do now, I could dedicate a whole day to them. Not to forget, I'd practice kendo everyday too, so that I could improve my development. I would even finish all of my school work!! All this, if I only had more time...

But, I don't.... And for the coming 6 months, I wont have this sort of leisure at my hands either...
My schedule looks something like: work, school, school work, sleep, eat, cleaning, evening-school, books, research, work practice, school, cats, thesis, cooking, hobby, raging at computer, writing reports etc, etc. Not much time for any extra fun in other words... Sometimes I wonder if my nerves will manage to deal with all the stress this coming half a year will cause me, but I suppose only time will tell...

Something tells me though, that my so-called dear friend time will turn a deaf ear to my wishes of freezing time for a while, even though I so badly would need a breather, even if just a short one... (note that I'm saying this already on the first day of school...)

Seriously, how do people have time to do everything they want, and still manage to do everything they have to? If anyone has a solution please share it with me, because I want to know... I need to know!!

(a nagging voice in the back of my head tells me it is impossible to reach such a heavenly state of being, where you'd actually have time to do everything and anything, but I'm going to keep ignoring it as long as I live... After all, ignorance is bliss, sometimes)

Until next time, whenever that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment